Today, I will mention the best Raspberry Pi heatsinks available on the market.
Raspberry Pi is a tiny, affordable, and powerful computing board; that we all know. And being such highly specified system, it can deliver top performance even when you overclock Raspberry Pi board for the longer duration. But, as every electronic component has some heating limits, the Raspberry Pi too needs some cooling process to remain in working condition. Just like a computer CPU, you can use a heatsink for Raspberry Pi boards also.
Why should you use a heatsink for Raspberry Pi?
You may ask that why there is a need of using a heatsink when my Pi is working correctly? Well, though the Pi board works perfect in normal conditions, in case, if you are going to overclock your Pi or want to use it for a longer duration, then it is better to use a heatsink. Check the below points to see benefits of Raspberry Pi heatsink:
- It cools down the processor and minimizes the risk of failure of board at the time of overclocking
- The heatsinks are compact in design, so mostly fits easily on any Raspberry Pi board
- Some of the heatsinks are specially designed for Raspberry Pi devices, so the size will be perfect for installing for Pi processor
- You will no longer need noisy cooling fans once you use heatsinks
I hope the above advantages are enough to convince you getting the perfect heatsink for your Raspberry Pi device. So, let’s have a look at them and get the most efficient way to cool down your Pi.
Best Raspberry Pi 3 Heatsink
1) LoveRPi Heatsink for Raspberry Pi 3 Model B
From the top-rated brand, you will get the extreme performance heatsink for cooling down your Raspberry Pi 3. The LoveRPi made these sets of heatsinks which will easily fit on your Pi board.
Features and Specifications of LoveRPi Raspberry Pi 3 Heatsink are:
- Whether you need active cooling or passive cooling on Pi 3 processor, these heatsinks work great
- Not only on the Pi 3, but you can also fit them quite comfortable on Raspberry Pi 2 Model B
- Due to the heatsinks, the surface area will be increased, and as a result, the hot spots will be eliminated from the System on Chip
- When you overclock the Pi 3 with the full load, the temperature may rise to over 100 degrees Celsius. The LoveRPi set of heatsinks will reduce this temperature around 25 degrees Celsius
- Available in black or white colors and single set, dual set or set of 5 heatsinks
2) Mudder Black Aluminum Heatsink Cooling Kit for Pi 3, Pi 2, Pi Model B+
The aluminum made heatsinks from Mudder are perfect for the various Raspberry Pi models like Model B+, Pi 2, and Pi 3. Due to the backing of adhesive, thermal tape, they provide the greater cooling performance to the SoC.
Specifications and features of Raspberry Pi Heatsinks from Mudder are:
- Comes with a set of eight heatsinks which is enough for your multiple Pi processors
- Also fits on Raspberry Pi Model A and Model B
- Even if you use the Raspberry Pi case to protect the setup, the Mudder heatsink will fit easily on the board
- From the total eight heatsinks, four heatsinks have sizes of 0.56 X 0.56 inches, and the remaining four heatsinks have 0.35 x 0.35 inches dimensions
- Apart from Raspberry Pi, you can also use this heatsink with the BeagleBone Single Board Processor
3) Easycargo Raspberry Pi Heatsink with Thermal Conductive Adhesive Tape
Easycargo manufactured and launched a package of total fifteen heatsinks to make sure that you never ran out of cooling components during high-end top Raspberry Pi Projects. You can use these heatsinks for almost all type of Raspberry Pi boards.
Features and Specifications of Easycargo Heatsink for Raspberry Pi 2, Pi 3 are
- The package includes five copper made heatsinks, and ten aluminum made heatsinks
- The product has the backing of a thermal adhesive 3M 8810 tape
- Not only for the Raspberry Pi processors, but you can also use these heatsinks for cooling down ICs, VGA RAM, Mosfet SCR, etc. components of other systems
- Five aluminum heatsinks have sizes of 0.56 x 0.56 x 0.27 inches (L X W X H) and other remaining aluminum heatsinks have L X W X H dimensions of 0.35 x 0.35 x 0.19 inches
- The copper heatsinks have 0.59 x 0.59 x 0.02 inches dimensions (L X W X H)
4) SHCHV Raspberry Pi Copper & Aluminum Heatsink
Here, you will get eight pieces of copper and aluminum heatsinks for Raspberry Pi board from SHCHV. These cooling components offer an efficient cooling advantage to let you enjoy overclocking of your processor for a longer duration.
Specifications and Features of SHCHV Raspberry Pi Heatsink are:
- The package includes 12 pieces of aluminum and copper heatsinks in different colors
- Among the total 12 heatsinks, nine heatsinks are made with aluminum among which you will get three blue, three black, and three silver colored heatsinks. While the remaining three heatsinks have copper material
- Comfortably fits on various Raspberry Pi boards like model A, B, B+, Pi 2 and Pi 3
- Due to the pure material used to build the heatsinks, they offer an optimum cooling performance for your electronic components
- You can also use them on BeagleBone boards to reduce heat at the time of overclocking
- These heatsinks have different sizes to make sure you can use them on various applications like the processor, LAN controller, regulator, etc.
5) iUniker Raspberry Pi Aluminum Heatsink Cooling Kit
This heatsink cooling kit from iUniker will provide efficient cooling performance on your various applications. The thermal adhesive tape will do nothing but delivers additional cooling to help you overclock your Pi at maximum value and for the longer period.
Features and specifications of iUniker Heatsink for Raspberry Pi are:
- All the heatsinks are made of aluminum material to provide maximum heat transfer for cooling
- This cooling kit is compatible with almost all the Raspberry Pi boards including Raspberry Pi 2, Pi 3, Model B+, etc.
- The heatsink will easily fit on the processor even if you use protective case for Raspberry Pi device
- You can also use these heatsinks on BeagleBone board and other Single Board Computers
- Among the ten aluminum heatsinks, you will get two black, two yellow, two white, two green, and two blue heatsinks
Cool Your Pi Now
The heatsinks make sure that you will not need to install noisy and spacious fans to cool down the processor and other components of your Raspberry Pi device. Not only this, but the heatsinks also help to extend the lifespan of the Pi processor by reducing the risk of overheating and failure of hardware parts.
What do you think? Are you already using heatsinks for Raspberry Pi boards? How do they help to overcome the heating of the processor? Share your thoughts in the comment section below.