Best Raspberry Pi 2 & 3 Starter Kits of 2016 – 2017
The Raspberry Pi is a low-cost mini single board computer that can run different versions of Unix/Linux (Pi 2 also support Windows 10), can act as a media player or even like a microcontroller. Whether you are a beginner or an expert in electronics, you will always be in search for a good Raspberry Pi kit for your project. Here is a well researched and filtered list of the best Raspberry Pi 2 and 3 starter kits of 2016 – 2017. Check it and select the kit that fits your requirements.
1) Raspberry Pi 3 Ultimate Starter Kit from CanaKit (32 GB Edition)
Specifications of the CanaKit Raspberry Pi 3 Starter Kit are:
- The latest Raspberry Pi 3 Model B is included with the kit
- An ARMv8 quad-core Cortex-A53 CPU with 1.2GHz processing speed and 1GB RAM
- A Class 10 32GB MicroSD card with preloaded NOOBS to easily boot up your Pi 3 model with the Raspbian
- A premium quality case for the Raspberry Pi 3 is included with the kit
- A Full-colored user manual from CanaKit
- The kit also includes other components and accessories like a 2.5A power supply, a 5 feet micro USB cable, an HDMI cable, Noise filter, ribbon cable, breadboard, Canakit GPIO to breadboard interface board, etc.
- 1-year manufacturer warranty for the ultimate starter kit
The Raspberry Pi 3 Starter kit is firstly available on Amazon by CanaKit. It includes all the components and accessories you need to get started with your first raspberry pi DIY project.
2) Vilros Raspberry Pi 3 Starter Kit with a Clear Case
Vilros has included this raspberry pi 3 starter kit on the 3rd March 2016. The kit includes the latest Raspberry Pi 3 Model B, which was released by the Raspberry Pi on 29th Feb 2016. All the parts and accessories are covered by a 1-year manufacturer warranty.
Features of the Raspberry Pi 3 Complete Starter Kit from Vilros are:
- A perfect starter kit for the beginners and pros in electronics field
- Comes with a 1GB 1.2GHz Cortex-A53 ARMv8 quad-core processor
- A 16GB class 10 MicroSD card with preloaded NOOBS
- You can build your favorite projects like programming with Scratch, XMBC media center, Minecraft, retro gaming console, ADS-B receiver, and much more with the raspberry 3 model B
- A high-quality clear case to protect your raspberry pi 3 is included with the kit
- All the useful components and parts are covered in the kit to help you build your best projects
- All genuine parts with a one-year manufacturer warranty
3) LoveRPi Raspberry Pi 3 Complete Media Center Kit
As we know that the Raspberry Pi 3 is the latest and fastest version of the Raspberry Pi family, the same we get from LoveRPi but with better and standalone accessories. The complete media center kit from LoveRPi provides increased performance which is almost two times faster than the Raspberry Pi 2 Model B in most of the benchmarks.
Features and specifications of LoveRPi Raspberry Pi 3 Complete Media Center Kit are:
- It comes with Raspberry Pi 3 which is a single board, 1.2Ghz, quad-core ARM Cortex A53 computer
- It has LPDDR2 RAM of 1GB and Broadcom VideoCore IV GPU
- The optimized KODI (XBMC) for Raspberry Pi 3 makes it an ultimate home entertainment
- The 32GB memory card compiled with the latest Raspbian OS makes it easy to setup and run your Pi 3 device
The sleek, slim, and durable black colored case protects your beloved device as well as provides simplicity and convenience wherever you take it
4) CanaKit Raspberry Pi 2 Complete Starter Kit with WiFi
This is an exclusive kit that has everything included in it to get you up and running with your Raspberry Pi project. The kit is developed by CanaKit and comes with the latest Raspberry Pi 2 – Model B and a WiFi dongle. This kit is a bestseller on Amazon in the electronic and computer category.
What is included in the kit:
- 8 GB SD card with NOOBS which is recommended by Raspberry Pi
- Latest Raspberry Pi 2 Model B with a Quad-Core 900 MHz CPU and 1 GB Ram
- WiFi dongle with Ralink RT5370 chipset from CanaKit
- HDMI cable of premium quality
- CanaKit 2.5A power supply with a USB support
- Specially designed Noise Filter and Micro USB cable
- Raspberry Pi 2 Case of high quality
- Descriptive general assembly guide from CanaKit for the beginners in electronics
The kit also includes a Heat Sink, a GPIO Quick Reference Guide, Camera and Display Interfaces, Full HDMI and Ethernet ports, micro SD card slot, USB ports and GPIO pins, 3.5mm Audio Jack, 3D Graphics Core, and much more. The kit can run the full range of an ARM GNU/Linux distributions.
5) Vilros Raspberry Pi 2 Basic Starter Kit
Vilros has developed this starter kit for Raspberry Pi 2. It includes everything from getting started with raspberry pi kits and create projects on your own.
Check what the Raspberry Pi Starter Kit from Vilros includes:
- Model B (1GB) for Raspberry Pi 2 with a quad-core 900MHz ARM Cortex-A7 CPU
- A transparent case which protects your Pi circuit from accidental damage
- USB power supply of 2 Amp
- A Micro USB cable
6) Sunfounder Project Super Starter Kit for Raspberry Pi 2
The Sunfounder Raspberry Pi 2 super starter kit comes with some greater improvements than the previous version. The kit has a large sized user manual with having more descriptive information of the components and projects. The images of Fritzing breadboard and schematic diagrams are clearer so that even a beginner can understand them well. The coding examples for each project are mentioned in both Python and C languages, so users can get a different test of experiments. The kit does not include Raspberry Pi but having a 40-pin GPIO extension board for Raspberry Pi 2 and Model B+.
The kit has a 15 projects manual, so beginners can start with some easy ideas to get in touch with Raspberry Pi, whereas pros can make some extra experiments in their innovative projects. The kit also includes a 7-segment, dot matrix display, which makes your experiment more excited. The case of the super kit is divided into 8 grids which let you store the components by category after finishing the project.
7) Smraza 4 in 1 Starter Kit for Raspberry Pi 3 and Pi 2
With the best combination of features and price, the 4 in 1 starter kit from Smraza is a top-rated Raspberry Pi 2 and Pi 3 kit for beginners. You will not require searching for the other components than given in this amazing starter kit to design special circuits with your Raspberry Pi 3B and 2B.
Specifications and Features of Smraza Raspberry Pi 3 and Pi 2 Starter Kit are:
- The kit comes with a clear case to protect your Pi circuit from any accidental damage
- Other than the RPI case, this 4 in 1 kit comes with a power adapter of 5V, heat sinks of 3 pieces, and a Micro USB cable built with a switch
- The on/off switch will give you relief from pulling out the cable every time you start or shut down your Pi
- The specially designed aluminum heatsinks will cool down the Pi board at the time of peak performance
- The kit is made of high-quality material which is resistive against temperature and impact
8) Raspberry Pi 3 Complete Starter Kit from PiTech
The famous electronic kits producer – PiTech has designed this complete Raspberry Pi 3 starter kit especially for the beginners. It comes with a super-powered micro computing Raspberry Pi 3 machine which helps you to implement your electronic circuit designing ideas in real.
Features of Raspberry Pi 3 Complete Starter Kit from PiTech are:
- It comes with the latest and fastest credit-card-sized microcomputer – Raspberry Pi 3 which has a built-in WiFi
- This high-quality starter kit comes with a preloaded “NOOBS” SD card to let you install and test the advanced Raspberry Pi OS on your board easily and quickly
- The USB power supply of 2.5A and a noise filter with 6-foot cable are specially designed for the Pi 3 projects
- The black case protects your Pi design from any accidental damage
- Built-in WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity allows you to join different gadgets with your Pi 3 design
- Ready-to-use starter kit from PiTech is perfect for the beginners and pros as well
9) OSOYOO Raspberry Pi 3 DIY Starter Lab Kit for Beginners
The OSOYOO has designed this 22 in 1 starter kit especially for beginners in Pi 3 and Pi 2 circuits. If you want to learn the Pi DIY projects in your home lab, then this Beginner Raspberry Pi kit is recommended for you.
The OSOYOO Raspberry Pi 3 and Pi 2 Starter Kit is included with features and specifications like:
- This kit is useful for both the teachers and students for the science lab projects and experiments
- Each component is well designed to fulfill the requirements of a DIY kit for a Pi 3 and Pi 2 circuit
- The kit comes with easy to do projects with tutorial guides, pictures, and videos
- It is a perfect for the beginners who want to learn basic electronics and Linux coding
- 22 in 1 (total 111 components) starter kit comes in a protective case to protect your design from any damage
Raspberry Pi Starter Kits Comparison:
|Vilros Raspberry Pi 3 Starter Kit||CanaKit Raspberry Pi 3 Starter Kit|
|Model||Raspberry Pi 3 Model B||Raspberry Pi 3 Model B|
|Sd Card||16GB Micro Sd Card(Class 10)||32 GB MicroSD Card (Class 10)|
|Sd Card Adapter||Y||–|
|HDMI Cable||Y||Y(6.5 feet)|
|Quick Start Guide||Y||Y|
|GPIO Ribbon Cable||Y||Y|
|Heatsink||Set of 2||Y|
|Push buttons Switches||2||2|
|Power Supply||2.5A Micro USB(5 feet)||2.5A Micro USB(5 feet)|
|LED||21 LED||9 LED|
|Basic Circuit Components||–||Y|
|GPIO to Breadboard Interface Board||–||Y|
We are always in a look of adding new, latest and best kits for Raspberry Pi to provide our readers a great choice for their electronic projects. The kits mentioned in the list above are recommended for both the beginners as well as for the experts in electronics. Whether you want to start with an easy peasy project or want to add some extra flavor in your experiment with Raspberry Pi 2 and Pi 3, these kits will help you with that.
We always welcome valuable thoughts and helpful suggestions from our readers. You can share your ideas and inputs at any time you want. We will be happy to hear from you. Let us know which kit attracted you the most and how the kit was helpful to you in your Raspberry Pi Project. Share this list, so that your friends and other enthusiast people like you can make the best use of these kits for their innovative projects.
Related links that can add more interest to you:
- Raspberry Pi Official Site: https://www.raspberrypi.org/
- Wiki-page to add more knowledge: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi
- List of Raspberry Pi Projects: http://www.instructables.com/id/Raspberry-Pi-Projects/