Best Raspberry Pi 2 & 3 Starter Kits of 2016
The Raspberry Pi is a low-cost mini single board computer that can run different versions of Unix/Linux (Pi 2 also support Windows 10), can act as a media player or even like a microcontroller. Whether you are a beginner or an expert in electronics, you will always be in search for a good Raspberry Pi kit for your project. Here is a well researched and filtered list of the best Raspberry Pi 2 starter kits of 2016. Check it and select the kit that fits your requirements.
Specifications of the CanaKit Raspberry Pi 3 Starter Kit are:
- The latest Raspberry Pi 3 Model B is included with the kit
- An ARMv8 quad-core Cortex-A53 CPU with 1.2GHz processing speed and 1GB RAM
- A Class 10 32GB MicroSD card with preloaded NOOBS to easily boot up your Pi 3 model with the Raspbian
- A premium quality case for the Raspberry Pi 3 is included with the kit
- A Full-colored user manual from CanaKit
- The kit also includes other components and accessories like a 2.5A power supply, a 5 feet micro USB cable, an HDMI cable, Noise filter, ribbon cable, breadboard, Canakit GPIO to breadboard interface board, etc.
- 1-year manufacturer warranty for the ultimate starter kit
The Raspberry Pi 3 Starter kit is firstly available on Amazon by CanaKit. It includes all the components and accessories you need to get started with your first raspberry pi DIY project.
Vilros has included this raspberry pi 3 starter kit on the 3rd March 2016. The kit includes the latest Raspberry Pi 3 Model B, which was released by the Raspberry Pi on 29th Feb 2016. All the parts and accessories are covered by a 1-year manufacturer warranty.
Features of the Raspberry Pi 3 Complete Starter Kit from Vilros are:
- A perfect starter kit for the beginners and pros in electronics field
- Comes with a 1GB 1.2GHz Cortex-A53 ARMv8 quad-core processor
- A 16GB class 10 MicroSD card with preloaded NOOBS
- You can build your favorite projects like programming with Scratch, XMBC media center, Minecraft, retro gaming console, ADS-B receiver, and much more with the raspberry 3 model B
- A high-quality clear case to protect your raspberry pi 3 is included with the kit
- All the useful components and parts are covered in the kit to help you build your best projects
- All genuine parts with a one-year manufacturer warranty
This is an exclusive kit that has everything included in it to get you up and running with your Raspberry Pi project. The kit is developed by CanaKit and comes with the latest Raspberry Pi 2 – Model B and a WiFi dongle. This kit is a bestseller on Amazon in the electronic and computer category.
What is included in the kit:
- 8 GB SD card with NOOBS which is recommended by Raspberry Pi
- Latest Raspberry Pi 2 Model B with a Quad-Core 900 MHz CPU and 1 GB Ram
- WiFi dongle with Ralink RT5370 chipset from CanaKit
- HDMI cable of premium quality
- CanaKit 2.5A power supply with a USB support
- Specially designed Noise Filter and Micro USB cable
- Raspberry Pi 2 Case of high quality
- Descriptive general assembly guide from CanaKit for the beginners in electronics
The kit also includes a Heat Sink, a GPIO Quick Reference Guide, Camera and Display Interfaces, Full HDMI and Ethernet ports, micro SD card slot, USB ports and GPIO pins, 3.5mm Audio Jack, 3D Graphics Core, and much more. The kit can run the full range of an ARM GNU/Linux distributions.
Vilros has developed this Ultimate starter kit for Raspberry Pi 2. It includes a 200 page book which is a step-by-step guide for getting started with raspberry pi starter kits and create projects on your own.
Check what the Raspberry Pi Starter Kit from Vilros includes:
- Model B (1GB) for Raspberry Pi 2 with a clear enclosure case
- An 8GB preloaded “NOOBS” micro SD card with an adapter
- An HDMI cable and a power supply with a Micro USB cable
- A wireless WiFi adapter
- A set of 2 heat sinks for Raspberry Pi 2 starter kit
- Breadboard, jumper wires, and resistors
- A GPIO ribbon cable and LEDs (Yellow and Red)
- A 200-page user guide which includes 10 detailed chapters about Raspberry Pi introduction and programming
If you are looking for an alternative for an XMBC Media Player, then you should not go anywhere without buying this kit. It is the complete starter kit for Raspberry Pi 2 introduced by Vilros. It comes with a new board layout and an Edimax WiFi with the speed of up to 150 Mbps. It uses less power and thus is more efficient than the standard Model B of Raspberry Pi.
The complete Raspberry Pi starter kit from Vilros includes:
- Raspberry Pi 2 Model B with 1 GB Ram
- Quad-Core 900 MHz CPU
- Class 10 Micro SD card of 8 GB from Kingston with preloaded NOOBS
- Edimax EW-7811Un WiFi
- 1080P HDMI cable
- Power supply with a 5 ft long cable
- Clear case for Raspberry Pi 2
- Set of 2 Heat Sinks
The kit comes with a one year warranty from the manufacturer with a fully supported customer service. It also includes an expanded GPIO header, two extra USB ports, and a new 4-pole connector. All parts are genuine and are the latest versions, so you can build your project without any worry.
The Sunfounder Raspberry Pi 2 super starter kit comes with some greater improvements than the previous version. The kit has a large sized user manual with having more descriptive information of the components and projects. The images of Fritzing breadboard and schematic diagrams are clearer so that even a beginner can understand them well. The coding examples for each project are mentioned in both Python and C languages, so users can get a different test of experiments. The kit does not include Raspberry Pi but having a 40-pin GPIO extension board for Raspberry Pi 2 and Model B+.
The kit has a 15 projects manual, so beginners can start with some easy ideas to get in touch with Raspberry Pi, whereas pros can make some extra experiments in their innovative projects. The kit also includes a 7-segment, dot matrix display, which makes your experiment more excited. The case of the super kit is divided into 8 grids which let you store the components by category after finishing the project.
The Raspberry Pi starter pack developed by Make includes everything virtually that you need to get and running your Pi. The kit includes an Adafruit Pi Cobbler Breakout
Kit and an Acrylic Case. The kit also has an HDMI cable to connect it with a display. The kit has a 512 MB Raspberry Pi Model B and a 8 GB SDHC card with preloaded NOOBS.
The kit has a full sized deluxe breadboard and jumper wires, a getting started book for Raspberry Pi. This starter pack has more than 60 components includes Capacitors, Resistors and more that make you comfortable with your experiments. The Pi enclosure helps you to keep the board safe and secure as you prototype on your desk.
This includes Raspberry Pi model B+, 8 GB OS micro SD card and a clear case for the Raspberry Pi model. The kit is introduced officially by Raspberry Pi family. It is the great kit to launch your first project with Raspberry Pi!
The official kit from Raspberry Pi includes:
- Raspberry Pi Skill Badge
- Raspberry Pi Model B+
- Micro SD card of 8 GB
- 3 ft long HDMI cable
- 7 ft long Ethernet cable
- 10mm blue, red and green diffused LEDs
- Clear case for Raspberry Pi
The kit also includes 550-ohm resistors, capacitors, pushbuttons, and light-sensitive photocell. If you are starting your first project, it is good to go with this kit.
The brand new Raspberry Pi 2 included with the basic starter kit from PiTech. The kit has an original 8 GB preloaded NOOBS OS SD card which works best with a Raspberry Pi Model. The kit has a clear case with mounting holes to fit the modules of a Pi camera. A Heat Sink is also included in the kit.
The basic starter kit from PiTech includes:
- Brand New Model of Raspberry Pi 2
- Quad-core ARM Cortex-A7 CPU with a speed of 900 MHz
- 8 GB pre-installed NOOBS OS micro SD card
- A Quick starter guide for easy going with the kit
- 5V 2A power supply from PiTech with a USB cable
- A Heat Sink
Raspberry Pi Starter Kits Comparison:
|Vilros Raspberry Pi 3 Starter Kit||CanaKit Raspberry Pi 3 Starter Kit|
|Model||Raspberry Pi 3 Model B||Raspberry Pi 3 Model B|
|Sd Card||16GB Micro Sd Card(Class 10)||32 GB MicroSD Card (Class 10)|
|Sd Card Adapter||Y||–|
|HDMI Cable||Y||Y(6.5 feet)|
|Quick Start Guide||Y||Y|
|GPIO Ribbon Cable||Y||Y|
|Heatsink||Set of 2||Y|
|Push buttons Switches||2||2|
|Power Supply||2.5A Micro USB(5 feet)||2.5A Micro USB(5 feet)|
|LED||21 LED||9 LED|
|Basic Circuit Components||–||Y|
|GPIO to Breadboard Interface Board||–||Y|
We are always in a look of adding new, latest and best kits for Raspberry Pi 2 to provide our readers a great choice for their electronic projects. The kits mentioned in the list above are recommended for both the beginners as well as for the experts in electronics. Whether you want to start with an easy peasy project or want to add some extra flavor in your experiment with Raspberry Pi 2, these kits will help you with that.
We always welcome valuable thoughts and helpful suggestions from our readers. You can share your ideas and inputs at any time you want. We will be happy to hear from you. Let us know which kit attracted you the most and how the kit was helpful to you in your Raspberry Pi 2 project. Share this list, so that your friends and other enthusiast people like you can make the best use of these kits for their innovative projects.
Related links that can add more interest to you:
- Raspberry Pi Official Site: https://www.raspberrypi.org/
- Wiki-page to add more knowledge: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi
- List of Raspberry Pi Projects: http://www.instructables.com/id/Raspberry-Pi-Projects/