Best Raspberry Pi Sensors for Innovative ProjectsMandip
The Raspberry Pi board is a Pandora box for the electronics tinkerers and DIY hobbyists. And for any successful project completion, communication is a must. The sensor modules or kits provide the way to communicate with other devices and machines from the Raspberry Pi.
Yeah, the selection of the sensors for Raspberry Pi totally depends on what kind of project you are working and which type of communication you need, i.e., display texts, command lines, voice outputs, etc.
Home automation, robotic kits, display boards, forecast stations, and much more similar kinds of projects can be easily done with the help of Raspberry Pi sensor kits. Here, I have mentioned the top 5 Raspberry Pi sensors for your innovative project designs. Go through the list and choose the best product according to your needs and budget.
1) Kuman 37 in 1 Arduino Raspberry Pi Sensor kit
This 37 in 1 robot projects starter kit from Kuman is not only a good choice for the Arduino users, but also provides a set of the best Raspberry Pi 3 sensors. If you are a beginner in the electronics field or making the first time project with your Raspberry Pi, then I recommend you to go with this sensor module kit. It comes with all basic needs and understanding for the Pi board’s sensor and debugging.
- Compatible with almost all Raspberry Pi models including model A, A+, B, B+, 2, 3, etc.
- Comes with free and easy-to-understand tutorials for the Raspberry Pi projects
- You can directly control the standard interface using the microcontroller
- Shared projects, guides, experiments, and codes on the site helps the beginners to gain some prior knowledge before or in between the project
2) Pixy (CMUcam5) Smart Vision Sensor
The Charmed Labs and CMU come together to make this motion vision sensor which learns and identifies the objects. You can directly connect it to your Raspberry Pi board.
- It can learn and object with just a press of a button
- The capability of identifying and display only the required object details from thousands of tracked items make it a favorable Pi sensor for the tinkerers
- The ready-to-use code libraries for Raspberry Pi, Arduino, and Beagle Bone help to simplify the programming
- Supports Windows, Linux, and Mac Operating Systems and has the facility to communicate through USB, UART, SPI, I2C, etc. interfaces
- For the DIY robotic projects and similar designs, the Pixy smart vision sensor is perfect
3) KOOKYE 16 in 1 Smart Home Sensor Modules Kit
Coming with all needed and useful components for the Raspberry Pi projects and other electronic circuits and designs, the smart home sensor kit from KOOKYE has a success to be listed here. The sensors and other accessories are specifically made for the smart home devices to make your routine life easy going.
- If you are a rookie in the electronics and going to do your first Raspberry Pi 3 programming, then this module kit is for you
- The different types of sensors like temperature, sound, humidity, smoke, motion detection, light, air pressure, display touch, etc. help you to complete any of your Pi projects
- Provides efficient, reliable, affordable, and sturdily built sensors and modules for the Raspberry Pi kits
- If you go the official site, you will see a lot of step-by-step guides and tutorials to connect, code, and use different types of Raspberry Pi sensors
4) SUNKEE DS18B20 Waterproof Temperature Sensor
If you want to measure something that is too far from you or want a sensor for the wet environments, then the DS18B20 temperature sensor from SUNKEE will be a right choice. It comes in a waterproof design and provides nine to twelve-bit degree Celsius temperature readings.
- It needs only one port on your board to make the communication successful
- It has multi drop capability, and so it provides a simple and distributed temperature measurement
- You may need some resistors to read and adjust the basic sensitivity
- It has a 100cm length, stainless steel design, 9-12 adjustable resolution and requires 3-5V power supply, so perfectly suits your Pi 3 board
5) Microsoft IoT Pack for Raspberry Pi 2 by Adafruit
Adafruit industries and Microsoft together introduced the Windows 10 IoT (Internet of Things) starter pack specifically for the Raspberry Pi users. If you are just getting started with the Raspberry Pi and IoT environment, then this package bundle is what you should get in no time.
- It comes with 1GB Raspberry Pi 2 board, 5V power supply, USB cable, a breadboard, various kinds of Pi sensors like temperature, light, pressure, color, etc. a micro SD card, and also a USB WiFi adapter that’s compatible with the Raspberry Pi
- You can use this sensor module IoT pack with Windows, Raspbian Linux, or even in the Python environment
- You can also use this package with the Azure certified Operating Systems
- It will help you to finish your Raspberry Pi circuit design and turn it into a fully functional and communicating setup
The Raspberry Pi is so much famous that, whenever a new board comes in the market, there are tons of ready-made sensors also get an introduction to catch up with them. The best sensor kit for Raspberry Pi will help you to do the job easily and efficiently, whatever the project need is. Not only the Raspberry Pi compatible sensors, but the Pi models are designed in such a way that you can even use the Arduino sensor modules with them through the GPIOs.