Top Wireless Keyboards for Raspberry Pi
If your Raspberry Pi starter kit is ready with you, you must surely be excited to get started with your projects. However, most starter kits do not come with keyboards and if you are looking to do full justice to your projects, you really need one.
How do you choose a nice wireless Raspberry Pi keyboard though? How do you know you can rely on a particular keyboard to make your job easier for you? You go through various products based on your needs and then choose the best. We’ve made things easier for you, though! We’ve compiled some of the top wireless keyboards for Raspberry Pi right here for you! Read on:
1) iPazzPort Raspberry Pi Wireless Keyboard with Touchpad and Mouse
This wireless mini keyboard from iPazzPort comes with a tiny USB that it is stored in its back. Simply plug it in to your device and you are good to go! It also has a touchpad mouse, eliminating the need for you to buy a separate mouse.
Let’s dig deeper into some more of its features:
- It is fully compatible with Raspberry Pi. It can also be used for Android TV, laptops, PCs, HTPC, XBMC, etc. It is not compatible with Samsung Smart TV.
- The USB receiver is 2.4 GHz.
- It requires AAA battery to function, which needs to be bought separately.
- The ON-OFF button is conveniently placed at the bottom.
- It is quite affordable.
- It is portable and easy to carry and use.
- It has auto-sleep and auto-wakeup modes. The keyboard sleeps after 3 minutes of being idle but can easily be woken up by pressing any key.
- It is a seamless keyboard that you can use for browsing, text input, games, etc.
- The keyboard does not have a laser pointer or backlight.
- Many users love the subtle feedback sound (like a click) they get when they press the keys.
- The brand provides one-year warranty for the device.
- The device also comes with a user manual that explains usage in detail.
2) Rii K12 Ultra Slim Raspberry Pi Wireless KODI Keyboard
Rii has designed this amazing wireless keyboard which is a perfect combination of a slim and portable keyboard with a large sized touchpad and mouse. It is the best for the travel media game console.
Check the features of the K12 Rii Raspberry Pi Wireless Keyboard below:
- It is a perfect wireless QWERTY keyboard with a multi-finger supported touchpad
- It has a 2.4GHz wireless technology which makes you able to operate it from a fair distance
- It comes with auto sleep and starts feature, if it is not operated for three minutes, it will sleep automatically
- It includes shortcut keys which help you improve your work efficiency
- The wireless keyboard is compatible with Raspberry Pi, Pi 2, XMBC, HTPC, Google Android Smart TV Box, Linux, Mac OS, PC, Laptop and Windows versions
3) Updated iPazzPort KP-810-21S Wireless Keyboard with Touchpad for Raspberry Pi
This is an updated version of a wireless keyboard from iPazzPort. It is a mini Raspberry Pi keyboard which allows you to enjoy the game and home environment freely without any inconvenience of using a wired and big keyboard and mouse.
The KP-810-21S iPazzPort Wireless Keyboard for Raspberry Pi has features like:
- You can just sit back on your sofa and operate your Google Smart TV or PC without moving around with the help of this wireless keyboard
- It is perfect for the Raspberry Pi, XMBC, HTPC and Google Android Smart TV
- You can connect it to your PC using a 2.4GHz dongle
- Play games, control your smart TV, operate it in XMBC media player, and make your life easier and enjoyable
- This mini QWERTY keyboard having an operating distance of 12 meters
- Compatible to all raspberry pi versions
4) Updated Rii i8+ Mini Raspberry Pi Wireless Keyboard with Touchpad and Mouse
Rii has updated this i8+ wireless keyboard which has 92 keys and comes with a touchpad and mouse. The built-in high sensitive smart touchpad is having a 360-degree touch design.
Features of the Rii i8+ updated Raspberry Pi Wireless Keyboard are:
- It comes with a built-in Li-ion rechargeable battery which has a longer standby time
- It is easy to carry and operate with its ergonomically handheld design
- It has an increased LED backlit function, which allows you to use it in dark
- It has multimedia control keys and gaming control keys which make your game playing more enjoyable
- This updated version is perfectly compatible with Raspberry Pi, Google TV box, PS3, Xbox360, etc.
5) Rii K12 2.4GHz Ultra Slim and Portable Raspberry Pi Wireless Keyboard
This is the most ultra slim portable wireless keyboard with a stainless steel back from Rii. It is having an ultra slim design with a thickness of only 13mm.
Features of K12 Rii Ultra Slim Raspberry Pi Wireless Keyboard are
- It is a portable and slim wireless keyboard with a stainless steel back cover design
- The elegant, innovative shape is perfect for Raspberry Pi, PC, Google Android TV, Mac OS, Linux, IPTV, XMBC, Windows versions, Laptop, etc.
- The built-in lithium-ion battery is rechargeable and environment-friendly
- It has an auto sleep mode for saving the battery life and auto awakes with any key press
- It has a convenience and easy operation
- It comes with a built-in smart touchpad with a 36-degree flip design
Wireless keyboards are always preferable because they are portable and much easier to use. But, there’s quite a bit of variety in wireless keyboards and you must pick what suits you the best. For seamless performance and connectivity, we definitely recommend iPazzPort Wireless Handheld Mini Keyboard. It is cost-effective and we love how it feels to type on it.
Do you have any other preferences? We’d love to hear from you about them!
Can it be configured out of the box with this setup, or is a wired keyboard required?
All keyboards need a F12 key for some settings menu’s in the retropie. I used one of the mini wireless keyboards and even some keys in didn’t work and the funtion keys only go up to F10.
I connected a full size wired keyboard and every key worked in the games.