Best Raspberry Pi 2 and 3 Touch Screen Monitors of 2018Mandip
Again and again, I am telling this, but as it is such an unavoidable thing to mention that the Raspberry Pi is a tiny and super powerful yet affordable computing device. It can do wonders if you how exactly to use the Raspberry Pi kit for your project. But, here we will not talk about the Raspberry Pi projects or the things that you can make with your beloved small circuit board. I will show you a list of the best touch screens for Raspberry Pi today.
Why Raspberry Pi Screen?
A touch screen monitor allows you to extend your project limits by using the compatible Raspberry Pi keyboard and mouse. You can easily connect the external touchscreen to your Raspberry Pi board with the help of an HDMI port. It converts your Raspberry Pi setup into a full-blown desktop computer which can do tasks like a normal PC.
Now, let’s check the best Raspberry Pi 2 and 3 touch screen monitors available today.
1) Official Raspberry Pi 7″ Touchscreen Display
What best you can expect than the official support from the Raspberry Pi itself? This 7” display is a perfect portable screen which fits all your embedded Raspberry Pi projects.
- It offers fully colored 800×400 resolution, so you can quickly check visually what is going on in your project
- Multi-finger detection up to ten fingers on the touch sensing
- You will need to attach only two connections for providing power and getting visual output
- It can work with all the Raspberry Pi models including A+, B+, Pi 2, etc.
- Convenient to carry it in your backpack wherever you go
- Install the best Raspberry Pi OS, and you are ready to rock
2) PiTFT Plus 3.5″ Touchscreen from Adafruit
Adafruit has designed this one of the tiniest and cutest Raspberry Pi compatible touch screen monitors till the date. As it is a flexible display, you can use it as an X Windows port, as a console, for showing the videos or images, viewing commands and their outputs, etc.
- A full TFT plus 3.5” display which can be used with the older as well as newer versions of the Raspberry Pi
- You can plug it right into the top of your Pi circuit, so the setup gets a look exactly like a PC
- Comes as ready to plug and play with the circuit board
- 16-bit colors in a 480×320 resolution and a resistive touch
- Install the required drivers and configurations, and you are ready to go
3) OSOYOO 3.5” HDMI Touch Screen LCD Display
If you are looking for a good, responsive, and portable screen for your Raspberry Pi embedded projects, then this 3.5” HDMI display from OSOYOO can be a worthy choice to make. Whether you will be buying it for retro gaming, document editing, or playing HD videos, it will never let you down for selecting it.
- Ideally, suits your any of the Raspberry Pi models
- High-resolution picture with 480×320 to 1920×1080 Pixels resolution let you enjoy video playing or gaming
- You can directly mount it on your Pi device through GPIO pins
- No external power-source required as you can operate it through your Pi
- Supports the best Raspberry Pi Operating Systems including Raspbian, Windows 10, and much more
- Easy to install, lightweight to carry anywhere, and comfortable to operate
4) LANDZO 7 Inch Touch Screen for Raspberry Pi
Because it is a common HDMI display, you can connect it with any computing device to use it as an external display, but it works best with the Raspberry Pi. But remember to install the necessary driver first when you are using it with the official Raspbian OS.
- Being in the list of the best touchscreen monitors, the 7” display from LANZDO is perfect for using with your Raspberry Pi
- Comes with a driver CD for easy installation and use
- 800×480 pixel resolution to let you enjoy high-end retro gaming and video playing
- Also supports to Banana Pi, Banana Pro, and other electronic devices requiring a portable display
- Convenient to carry and easy to operate touch
5) Elegoo Raspberry Pi 3 TFT LCD Display with Touch Pen
Elegoo has designed a portable multimedia interface with high definition resolution in a 3.5” TFT touchscreen monitor. It also comes with an SC06 touch pen to easily maneuver the display without worrying about the insensitivity of the screen to the human fingers.
- A perfect alternative to an HDMI monitor
- A sharp, crisp display with a 480×320 resolution criteria
- Convenient installation, lighter design to carry during traveling and can also fit in your Raspberry Pi Case with flexible LIDs
- Perfect for office work, photo and video editing, but not recommended for retro gaming with your Pi
- Compatible with almost all the models of the Raspberry Pi
Get your LCD screen
There are fully-functional computing devices available in the market already, but for the tech geeks who love to tinker and for the makers who want to build their own PC or a web server with the Raspberry Pi kit, the touch screen displays are one of the smartest and useful attachments to get.
Most of the touch screens come as plug and play, and you need not install any driver for them. But getting the best product is what everyone looks for. And this compiled list will surely help you to get the best stuff for your Raspberry Pi models.