Top Raspberry Pi 2 WiFi AdaptersMandip
It is recommended to use an Ethernet connection to make sure that everything including the OS is working fine when you are setting up your Raspberry Pi for the first time. But soon after that, you should move onto a WiFi connection to get a better speed and performance of your beloved Pi device. And for this, the Raspberry Pi WiFi Dongles / Adapters are the best options to use. But, keep in mind that you should choose a best Raspberry Pi WiFi dongle which is the most compatible with your own Raspberry Pi device.
Do not rely on other user’s choices and reviews. Check this list of the “Best Raspberry Pi WiFi Dongles (Adapter)”, compare the products, review the specifications, and then choose the most suitable Raspberry Pi USB WiFi dongle according to your need and budget.
Best Raspberry Pi WiFi dongles
- Best Raspberry Pi WiFi dongles
- 1) Edimax EW-7811Un Raspberry Pi 2 Wi-Fi Dongle
- 2) EDUP EP-N8553 Nano Raspberry Pi WiFi Adapter with 150Mbps Speed
- 3) TP-LINK TL-WN725N Raspberry Pi WiFi Dongle (Adapter)
- 4) Panda Ultra 150Mbps Wireless N USB Adapter For Raspberry Pi/ Pi2
- 5) TP-LINK Archer T1U Wireless AC450 Nano USB Adapter For Raspberry Pi
- 6) Kootek Raspberry Pi Wifi Dongle Adapter with 150Mbps transfer speed
1) Edimax EW-7811Un Raspberry Pi 2 Wi-Fi Dongle
This is my personal favorite and most recommended WiFi Dongle for Raspberry Pi 2 devices. The Edimax EW-7811Un Raspberry Pi 2 WiFi dongle is a nano-sized wifi adapter which enables you to have a just plug and play type functionality by not disturbing the other USB ports on your device. It provides the support for the latest 802.11n wireless standard, which enables you to have the widest coverage and farthest range, which is almost 3 times faster than the previous 802.11b wireless standard.
Check the features of the Edimax EW-7811UN Raspberry Pi 2 WiFi Dongle below:
- Ideal for the Raspberry Pi and Pi 2 devices
- Supports the smart transmit power control by a power saving design to have an auto-idle state adjustment
- A multi-language EZmax setup wizard is also included
- Allows better streaming for the real-time data like music, videos, Skype calls, etc.
- Provides a maximum wireless data rate at 150Mbps speed
- Also supports other Operating Systems like Windows, Mac OS, and Linux
2) EDUP EP-N8553 Nano Raspberry Pi WiFi Adapter with 150Mbps Speed
The Raspberry Pi WiFi Dongle (Adapter) from EDUP has specifications like:
- Offers a great network coverage for a faster internet access in your home and offices
- Improved data throughput and range with the MIMO technology
- 5 times faster downloading and surfing speed than the previous wireless 802.11g standard
- Up to 300 ft indoor and 900 ft outdoor operating distance
- Supports the WEP and WPA wireless security to have a protected
- Supports USB 2.0/1.1 interface
- Provides maximum connection speed of 150Mbps for both the downlink and uplink
The EDUP EP-N8553 Raspberry Pi USB WiFi Dongle (Adapter) has an auto switch functionality to use the different wireless standards like 802.11n, 802.11g, and 802.11b. It has an easy plug and play and installation process. The auto fallback functionality enables it to slow the data rate under the noisy environment and long range distances make it one of the best raspberry pi wifi dongles (adapters) available in today’s market.
3) TP-LINK TL-WN725N Raspberry Pi WiFi Dongle (Adapter)
The miniature and sleek design of the TP-Link TL-WN725N Raspberry Pi WiFi Adapter enables you to connect it to the USB port of your device and leave it there without blocking the other USB ports. Easy setup makes it usable automatically after you plug it in your device, just install a single driver from the TP-Link website.
The TP-Link Raspberry Pi WiFi Adapter includes the features like:
- Provides a 150Mbps wireless speed by supporting the latest 802.11n/b/g wireless standards
- Supports WEP, WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK, and WPA/WPA2 encryptions
- The included SoftAP feature enables you to create a WiFi hotspot to connect your mobile devices
- Supports USB 2.0 interface
- Miniature and sleek design
- 2-year industry-leading warranty and 24/7 technical support
4) Panda Ultra 150Mbps Wireless N USB Adapter For Raspberry Pi/ Pi2
The Panda ultra N USB adapter for Raspberry Pi 2 upgrades your device to the latest 802.11n wireless standard to have a farthest network range and widest coverage. It also has the backward compatibility with the 802.11g wireless networks with 2.4GHz frequency. It supports a state of the art security features for the 64/128 bit encryptions.
The Raspberry Pi 2 WiFi Dongle from Panda is also compatible with the other operating systems like Windows XP/Vista/10/8.1/8/7, Mac OS, Fedora, Ubuntu, Kali Linux, and Mint OS. It supports the Intel and AMD CPUs and any brand router using 2.4GHz frequency and 802.11n/g standards. The package also includes a user manual and an installation CD. By providing up to 150Mbps connection speed, the Panda N USB adapter is among the Best Raspberry Pi WiFi Dongles of 2016.
5) TP-LINK Archer T1U Wireless AC450 Nano USB Adapter For Raspberry Pi
- Amazingly fast data transmission rate of up to 433Mbps
- Nano and modest design allow to just plug it and forget it without blocking other USB ports
- Supports the latest 802.11ac wireless standard and backward compatible with the 802.11a/n wireless standard
- Transmits at a 5GHz band to avoid the wifi signal interference
- 2-year manufacturer warranty and 24/7 technical support
- One of the best Raspberry Pi WiFi Dongles available in the market
The TP-Link Archer T1U Wireless AC450 Raspberry Pi WiFi Adapter is designed to be as unobstructed and convenient as possible. The other attractive features of this awesome wireless Raspberry Pi adapter are an easy installation, advanced wireless encryption, and a SoftAP mode to create a WiFi hotspot.
6) Kootek Raspberry Pi Wifi Dongle Adapter with 150Mbps transfer speed
The list of the best raspberry pi wifi dongles is incomplete without the Kootek KT-RPWF wifi adapter. It works right out of the box with the most popular raspberry pi Operating Systems like RaspBMC and Raspbian. It is tested and provided amazing results to work with the raspberry pi/pi 2 as well as with the Beagle Bone. It can be directly powered up with your raspberry pi device.
Features and specifications of the Kootek Raspberry Pi WiFi Adapter are:
- Miniature and sleek design
- Fully compatible with the raspberry pi/pi 2 devices with a cheapest of Realtek RTL8188CUS
- The smallest raspberry pi wifi adapter in the world
- Supports the IEEE 802.11n wireless standard
- 64/128 bit security encryptions of WEP, WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK
- 45 days money back guarantee and 2-year manufacturer warranty
Setting up a wireless connection with the Raspberry Pi WiFi adapter can be tricky, so you should make a choice of buying a best raspberry pi wireless dongle by checking the compatibility with your Pi device. If you are already an owner of the best raspberry pi 2 starter kit, then this is the time to get a perfect WiFi dongle to get the most out of it.
Many intelligent users do not worry about buying a WiFi dongle for the Raspberry Pi and just rely on trial and error basis, so they do not get the peak performance of their Pi device. To get the best results, put your hands on buying a good, reliable, and sturdy Raspberry Pi WiFi Adapter. Just don’t forget to complete the configurations at the time of the booting of your Raspberry Pi device by setting up the Raspberry Pi WiFi dongle for the automatic initialization. Check this official Raspberry Pi Documentation for setting up your Best WiFi Dongle for Raspberry Pi.