We all know the benefits and usage of a single board computer in designing various types of electronic circuits. As the latest news received, Asus launched the advanced 4K-Capable Tinker Board Computer. It is slightly costly than the Raspberry Pi, but if you need more features and performance than the Raspberry Pi provides, then the ASUS’s latest tinker board is for you. We are going to provide you the full review of the Asus single board computer.
In design, the Asus tinker board in similar to that of the Raspberry Pi. In fact, it has the same size the Pi board computer has. It costs around $60 and soon will be available for sale on Amazon.
Check the full specifications of Asus Tinker Board below:
- It comes with a quad-core 1.8GHz Cortex A-17 Rockchip RK3288 Processor
- The GPU is a quad-core ARM Mali-T760 MP4 with a 600MHz frequency
- Comes with LPDDR3 RAM of 2GB with dual channel support
- Bluetooth 4.0 enabled and built-in WiFi compatible with the latest WiFi standard 802.11 b/g/n
- The HDMI 2.0 port provides 4K output
- It has an SD card slot and a USB slot for providing power
- It supports Debian Linux
- It has a 3.5mm audio jack
Comparing these features to Raspberry Pi 3 which has 1.2GHz ARM Cortex-53 processor and 1GB RAM with an HDMI 1.3 support, the ASUS Kodi-ready tinker board simply outranks it. However, the Raspberry Pi has a full-grown and actively focus community for a software support, which in the recent times lacks for the tinker board.
Also, the Asus single board can play 4K videos with 24-bit audio output with its HDMI 2.0 support. And so it is preferable for designing a computer-driven home theater.
Currently, Asus Tinker board is pre-available across the UK and Europe, but soon it will be available for sale in other countries too. With the support of the Kodi, the Asus Tinker Board Computer is perfectly well suited for designing home media center. As the final verdict, the review and specifications show that the Asus tinker board is a true value proposition for the users like you.